The following steps are considered useful while designing the office organisation:
- Establishment of office objectives.
- Linking office objectives with organisational objectives.
- Formulating plans, policies, procedures, methods.
- Defining the nature of activities to be performed.
- Sub-division of the activities into units and sub-units.
- Evaluation of the activities and grouping the same into sections or departments.
- Granting authority and fixing responsibility.
- Preparation of a chart of organisation structure indicating the positions to be held by staff, and their relationships.